We have Ben Leonard for the second time in our podcast studio to tell us how brokers can pay dividends at exit. Best known as the founder of Beast Gear, Ben is the classic millennial entrepreneur who built a business on a laptop, in a cupboard, in his spare time. His difference from other entrepreneurs is that Ben grew an international 7-figure business and successfully exited after 3 years – the business holy grail. Now, Ben is doing it all over again and helping others to do the same with his ecommerce brokerage, Ecom Brokers.
Listen to Ben and learn from an ecommerce superstar!
[00:01 – 06:38] Opening Segment
- Let’s get to know Ben Leonard
- Ben talks about the truth about branding
[06:39 – 17:32] From Zero to a Million
- Improve your brand with these tips from Ben!
- How to build your customer avatar
- A successful strategy that you can apply to your brand now
- How to go from zero to a million
- Here’s a complex answer that Ben simplifies
- He would not have succeeded if he did not take this step
- Ben shares this can’t-miss story
[17:33 – 26:34] Outsourcing Your Business
- Micro-decisions can bring massive benefits
- Should you outsource from the get-go?
- Want some Amazon refunds? Check out Getida
- Promo code: FTM400
[26:35 – 41:29] Let’s Talk About Brokers
- Here’s when you should sell your business
- Ben shares his thoughts
- How aggregators really work
- What an ecommerce owner should look for in an aggregator
- You should not miss these interesting insights from Ben about valuing your business
[41:30 – 49:08] State of Ecommerce
- Why put your business in front of a pool of buyers
- Ben shares his thoughts on the current state of ecommerce
- Know more about Ben in the Fire Round!
[49:09 – 51:22] Closing Segment
- Connect with Ben. Links below
- Final words
“People buy from people, not brands. Until you’re Nike or Tesla, nobody really cares about your brand. They care about solving your problem.” – Ben Leonard
“The best way to differentiate yourself from the competition is just be authentic because no one else can be you.” – Ben Leonard