“You can’t hustle without stress and anxiety,” Most entrepreneurs seem to think the grind comes at the expense of your heath. But in this episode of Firing the Man, Author Catherine Farley, dives into how to take care of your body and mind just as well as you take care of your business.
Catherine is an accomplished author, speaker, physical therapist, and wellness coach. We go into depth about her new book “Desert to Dawn – Reflections to Inspire, Refresh, & Renew.” We talk about stress management, dealing with anxiety-provoking situations, and how not dealing with these types of issues can take a toll on your mental health as well as physical wellness.
[00:01 – 07:50] Opening Segment
- Catherine Farley shares her personal journey from physical therapy to being an author and a wellness coach
[07:51 – 15:58] Grinding Doesn’t Have to Come at the Expense of Your Health
- How can entrepreneurs start taking care of themselves?
- Be proactive about your health
- The process of physical therapy; identify problems, set forth a plan, and work towards a plausible outcome
[15:59 – 31:24] Finding Your Sacred Space
- Bring the outdoors in
- Take time to build your sacred space
- Want some Amazon refunds? Check out Getida
- Promo code: FTM400
- How neuroplasticity affects the brain’s ability to change
- How to get started with reflective thinking
[31:25 – 41:00] Understanding Breath Work
- How to use your breath to stay grounded in challenging situations
- How Catherine’s spiritual journey progressed since she wrote the book
- The impactful things that happened as a result of writing her book
- How choosing a word for the year instead of resolutions has helped create opportunities for growth
[41:01 – 48:04] Closing Segment
- Know more about Catherine in the Fire Round!
- Connect with Catherine!
- Links below
“Taking care of yourself allows you to be the best version of yourself. And if you are not taking care of yourself, you can’t take care of anything else.” – Catherine Farley
Visit Catherine’s website: https://www.catherinegoodmanfarley.com or follow her on IG @catherinegfarley and Facebook Catherine Goodman Farley
Order her book Desert to Dawn: Reflections to Inspire, Refresh & Renew: https://www.amazon.com/Desert-Dawn-Reflections-Inspire-Refresh/dp/0578344467/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2I56S4HMZMKX3&keywords=desert+to+dawn&qid=1644272146&sprefix=desert+to+dawn%2Caps%2C151&sr=8-1
Other publications: www.explorewithmimi.com
Send us a voice message and let us know how we can help you fire the man!
Email us –> firstname.lastname@example.org