We had the pleasure of interviewing Ismael Wrixen, the Executive Chairman of FE International, the market leader in the sale of SaaS, E-commerce, and Content businesses. Over the past decade, Wrixen has overseen 1000+ successful acquisitions totaling more than half a billion dollars in value. Wrixen was also a (NACVA) 2018 40 Under 40 Award winner. Wrixen’s previous background was in large-cap M&A investment banking, where he executed several high profile public deals, namely in the technology sector.
Founded in 2010, FE International is an international company serving clients worldwide. It was named one of The Americas’ Fastest Growing Companies in 2021 and 2020 by The Financial Times and is also a three-time U.S. Inc. 5000 company.
[00:01 – 04:26] Opening Segment
- Introducing Ismael Wrixen and sharing our key takeaways from our conversation
- Transitioning from investment banking to mergers and acquisitions
[04:27 – 13:19] Quitting Your Job to Be an Entrepreneur
- Weighing risk vs. reward when transitioning out of corporate
- How work ethic and an entrepreneurial spirit is developed
- Advice for those who are transitioning out of their 9-5s
- Regrets and timing your exit
[13:20 – 22:33] Helping Over 1100 Founders Exit Their Business with FE International
- What FE International does and how they help business owners with valuations, exit planning, optimizing and acquisition processes
- What do mergers and acquisitions companies find attractive in a business?
- Between SaaS, E-commerce, and Content, which is easiest to run?
- Want some Amazon refunds? Check out Getida
- Promo code: FTM400
[22:34 – 43:28] Building a Sellable Business
- Discretionary earnings disparity between eCommerce and Brick and Mortar
- The aggregator market
- Things to do now to exit smoothly and profitably
- Brokers vs. Aggregators
- Learn more about Ismael in the Fire Round!
[43:29 – 44:58] Closing Segment
- Connect with Ismael. Links below
- Final words
“If you’re looking to take a business and scale it profitably over time, I’d say FBA and eCommerce, in general, is a great place [to look].” – Ismael Wrixen
“I think a lot of people have potentially been leaving value on the table by getting approached and selling to the first person who wants to have a conversation with them. There is a lot of value in a competitive scenario.” – Ismael Wrixen
Send us a voice message and let’s see how we can help you!
Email us –> firstname.lastname@example.org
LEAVE US A REVIEW It really helps the show!