In today’s episode, we are going to talk about the top 5 articles in the eCommerce industry in the first quarter of 2021. We have talked about Amazon and where it will go upon the departure of Jeff Bezos. We’ve also shared our insights about Walmart, Target, and Shopify and their respective business models that contribute to their recent growth. David and I ended this episode on a high note with our thoughts about the almost $800-billion sales of US eCommerce in 2020.
Listen to this episode and get updated on the recent happenings in our industry!
[00:01 – 03:24] Opening Segment
- We introduce our topic for today
- Why we’ll discuss these news articles
[03:25 – 13:26] Alternative Business Models
- Listen to our exchange on Target’s invite-only membership
- Walmart is on a tear and we tell you why
- Should Amazon be worried?
[13:27 – 23:52] What to Learn from Shopify’s Growth
- Want some Amazon refunds? Check out Getida
- Promo code: FTM400
- Watch out for Shopify
- How is it different from Walmart?
[23:53- 33:48] Amazon’s Future Direction
- Hear our insights about Jeff Bezos leaving Amazon
- Two more Jeffs are leaving Amazon
- Find out who they are
- What this means for Amazon
[33:49 – 37:52] Closing Segment
- Here’s another reason you should go into eCommerce
- Final words
“Once you create a habit, it’s really hard to break.” – Ken Wilson
“…as you build a good team around you, you become less and less important.” – David Schomer
- Marketplace Pulse article on Target: Target’s Marketplace Still Tiny Two Years Later
- Digital Commerce 360 article on Walmart: Walmart’s online sales grow 79% in its just‑ended fiscal year
- Marketplace Pulse article on Shopify: Shopify Is 40% As Big as Amazon Marketplace
- CNBC article on Amazon: What Jeff Bezos told Amazon employees about stepping down as CEO: ‘I’ve never had more energy, and this isn’t about retiring’
- Marketplace Pulse: US E-Commerce Sales Nearly $800 Billion in 2020
- Firing the Man Episode 65: Navigating Walmart’s E-Commerce Platform with Experienced Seller Miro Posavec
Do you want to fire the man yourself? Send us a voice message and let’s see how we can help you!
Email us –> email@example.com